- 1 18 oz. roll refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
- 4 3 1/2 oz. containers vanilla pudding
- 2 C. chocolate cookie crumbs or 20 chocolate sandwich cookies with white filling, finely crushed
- Assorted whole vanilla wafers or graham crackers or chocolate-filled oval shortbread cookies
- Black, green, red, and white decorator gel icing
- Assorted candies, such as fruit-flavored jelly worms, candy-coated chocolate-covered peanuts, and gumdrops
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan or 3 baking sheets. With lightly floured hands, pat the cookie dough into prepared pizza pan. If using baking sheets, divide dough into thirds and pat each third into a 7-inch circle onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes for pizza pan or 8-10 minutes for smaller circles of dough, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
Spread vanilla pudding over baked cookie. Sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Cover and chill. Meanwhile, decorate cookie tombstones. Press cookies into pudding lay of pizza. If necessary, support back of cookies with some of the candies. Decorate "graveyard" with candies. Create peering eyes with candy-coated chocolate peanuts make shoes, feet, and hands with gumdrops; and arrange jelly worms. Cover and chill up to 4 hours before serving.
Yield: 16-20 servings