Hawaiian Crunch Macaroni Salad
- 2 C. elbow macaroni
- 4 C. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 C. light mayonnaise
- 4 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 C. crushed pineapple, drained (save 4 Tbs. juice)
- 2 Tbs. white vinegar
- 1/2 C. red bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 C. sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 C. frozen snow peas, thawed and sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbs. toasted flaked coconut
Place water in a large saucepan. Add salt and bring to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
Whisk together mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar, pineapple juice, and vinegar, Pour over cooked macaroni, and stir until well coated. Fold in pineapple, peppers, onion, and snow peas. Spoon into serving dish, and sprinkle with coconut. Serve warm or chilled.
Makes about 5 cups macaroni salad.