Healthy and Hearty Vegetarian Lasagna
Serving Size / Yield
- 6 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (homemade or from a jar)
- 1/2 cup of carrots, grated
- 1 package (16oz) of chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 ½ cups of zucchini, sliced very thin
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 16 oz of ricotta cheese
- 3 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
In a large bowl, mix the carrots, oregano and the 1 ½ cups of the sauce. Next, in a separate bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, spinach, and eggs. Take the remaining spaghetti sauce and spread in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Lay 3 lasagna noodles in the dish. Pour half of the the spaghetti sauce mix, half of the ricotta cheese mixture, ½ of the sized zucchini, half of the mushrooms, and half of the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Continue layering the lasagna in this order until all of the ingredients are used. Bake in the over at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Allow the lasagna to cool for about 10 minutes.
This dish is excellent when served with garlic bread and a glass of red wine.