Healthy BLT Pasta
- 1 7 oz. pkg. whole-wheat elbow macaroni
- 8 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 C. reduced-fat mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/3 C. reduced-fat French salad dressing
- 1/4 C. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. instant chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Splenda
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped finely
- 1/4 C. scallions (green onions) finely minced
- 4 C. lettuce, shredded finely
- 1 C. reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
Cook macaroni in lightly salted water until al dente. Rinse in cold water, drain and allow to cool in refrigerator. In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, French dressing, lemon juice, bouillon, black pepper and Splenda. Fold in macaroni, tomato and scallions. Cover.
Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours. Just before serving, stir in lettuce, shredded cheese, and bacon. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 4-8 servings