Healthy Broccoli Beef With A Pea Stem Garnish & Fried Rice
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. boneless sirloin steak or beef of choice, thin strips
- 1 lb. broccoli, washed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 egg yolks, cooked and cut
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 3 cups of white rice, cooked
- 1 stem of cooked peas
In a large bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons of water. Then add the strips of steak. Let the mixture marinate the meat.
In a large skillet, cook the beef over high heat. Once it is cooked, place it on a plate. In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli.
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, remaining corn starch and water. The texture should be sooth.
Cook the rice in a separate pot as the package instructs. In a small skillet, spread the 2 egg yolks to fill the entire space. Once it is cooked, place them on a plate, and cut them into small pieces. Mix the cooked pieces of yolk, rice, and pinches of pepper.
Serve the beef over cooked rice. Pour the soy sauce mixture on top of the meat. Then, place the cooked broccoli on the side. As a garnish, place the stem of peas on top of the steak.