Healthy Taco Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 15-oz. can spicy chili beans in sauce, undrained
- 1 C. salsa
- 2 C. coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 3/4 C. reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 med. green onions, sliced
- 1 med. tomato, chopped
- 1 C. reduced-fat shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- tortilla chips, if desired
- shredded lettuce, if desired
- salsa, if desired
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In 10-inch skillet, cook turkey over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in beans and 1 cup salsa. Heat to boiling, stirring.
In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place broken tortilla chips. Top with turkey mixture. Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with onions, tomato and cheese.
Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Arrange tortilla chips around edge of casserole. Serve with lettuce and salsa.