Hearty and Spicy Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 56 oz Italian stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 C minced cilantro
- 1/4 C parsley
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Saute zucchini, onions and peppers in oil within cast iron cooking pot until tender.
Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, jalapeno and seasonings.
Boil all over medium heat, then reduce, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Serve with cheese flakes and sour cream.