Hearty Christmas Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 6-8 pieces of sliced bread, cubed without crusts
- 7 - 8 ounces of cheddar cheese, shredded recommended
- 5-7 eggs,
- 2-3 C of 2% milk or equivalent
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Bacon strips
1. Prepare an 11 inch by 7 inch baking pan. Lightly grease.
2. Combine the bread crumbs and cheese unto the pan and on a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
3. Pour the ingredients unto the pan with the bread and cheese then sprinkle bacon to your hearts content.
4. cover the pan and refrigerate overnight.
5. When ready for baking, make sure to remove the pan 30 or so minutes from the refrigerator first. Then bake the casserole, uncovered for 50 minutes to one hour. To know when the casserole is done, simply insert a knife in the middle. If it comes out clean, its done!
6. let it stand for 10-15 minutes before serving to your family and friends.