Hearty Potato and Onion Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 lg. potatoes
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 sm. yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. (each) basil, rosemary, thyme
- 1 tsp. salt, pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/4 C. dry instant potato flakes
- Enough water to cover potatoes by 2 inches
1. Wash potatoes, and slice into 1-inch cubes. Place in 3 qt. sauce pan. Add carrots, celery, and onion. Fill with enough water to cover by 2 inches.
2. Add seasonings, bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are tender. Mash potatoes a little with a potato masher (leave chunks of potato though).
3. Add milk, and instant potato flakes. Simmer until it thickens.