Hearty Sausage & Rice Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 C. celery, coarsely chopped
- 1 C. red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 C. onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 box (6 ounces) seasoned long-grain and wild rice mix
- 1 3/4 C. Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 C. shredded Cheddar cheese
Cook the sausage in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
Add the mushrooms, celery, pepper, onion, thyme, marjoram and seasoning packet from the rice blend to the skillet and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Bake at 375°F. for 1 hour or until the sausage is cooked through and the rice is tender. Stir the sausage mixture before serving. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.