Hearty Turkey Tortilla Soup
Serving Size / Yield
- 3 1/2 C. Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 1/2 C. uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 C.shredded or cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can (about 11 ounces) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1 C. Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 corn tortillas, cut in half
- Vegetable cooking spray
Heat the broth, rice and cumin in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Stir the turkey, corn, picante sauce, cilantro and lime juice in the saucepan and cook until the rice is tender.
Heat the oven to 425°F. Cut the tortilla halves into thin strips. Place the tortilla strips onto a baking sheet. Spray with the cooking spray.
Bake for 10 minutes or until the tortilla strips are golden brown. Top the soup with the tortilla strips.
This recipe is brought to you by Campbell's®. Make Great Meals. Get Great Smiles. It's Amazing What Soup Can Do.