- 1 tsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. basil, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. chives, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. oregano, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. tarragon or thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 C. butter, at room temperature not margarine
Place all the herbs, garlic, pepper, and butter in a small mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until slightly fluffy. Or, you can do the mixing with a mixer or food processor. Place a 1/2 square piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper on your work surface and mound the flavored butter in the center. Roll herb butter into cylinder shape within plastic, twisting the ends to compress the butter. Chill the butter in the refrigerator or freeze until firm.
Vegetables- A pat of this butter in steamed vegetables really perks up the flavor. Try adding to corn, rice, beans, etc.
Grilled Meats- Add pats of herb butter on top of just off the grill steaks. Let steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Garlic Bread- Spread softened herb butter onto 1 slices of Italian bread. Shake on some parmesan cheese, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and broil until golden brown.