Herb Rice Delight
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 C. water
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 C. uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind (optional)
Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add green onions to pan, and sauté 1 minute. Add 2 1/2 C. water, garlic powder, and salt; bring to a boil. Add brown rice; reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Stir in parsley, thyme, sage, and, if desired, lemon rind.
Note: Long-grain rice may be substituted for quick-cooking brown rice. Reduce water to 2 C., and reduce rice to 1 C. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Proceed as directed.