Herbed Pasta Primavera
- 6 oz. linguine, spaghetti, or fettuccine
- 1 C. water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. instant vegetable or chicken bouillon granules
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots very thinly bias-sliced (1 C.)
- 1/2 C. chopped onion
- 1 6-oz. pkg. frozen pea pods, thawed and well drained
- 2/3 C. sliced almonds or chopped cashews
- 1/4 C. snipped parsley or 1 Tbs. dried parsley flakes
- 2 lb. snipped fresh basil or 1-1/2 tsp..s dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 C. finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, cornstarch, and bouillon granules. Set aside.
Pour olive oil into wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic in hot oil for 15 seconds. Add asparagus, carrots, and onions; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pea pods, almonds or cashews, parsley, basil, and pepper. Stir-fry about 1 minute more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetable mixture from wok. Stir sauce. Add sauce to wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more. Return vegetable mixture to wok; toss to coat. Heat through. To serve, spoon vegetable mixture over hot cooked pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 servings.