Heriloom Tomato Soup with Shrimp and Avocado
Serving Size / Yield
- 5 med. heirloom tomatoes, seeded and chopped, divided
- 3 avocados, chopped
- 1/3 C. chopped red onion
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbs .Bertolli® Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/2 C. vegetable broth
- 3/4 C. tomato juice
- 1 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on
- 1 Tbs. Bertolli® Classico Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash of sweet paprika
Combine half the tomatoes, avocado, red onion, basil, thyme, Bertolli Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in large bowl; set aside.
Process remaining tomatoes, vegetable broth and tomato juice in food processor or blender until smooth. Pour into avocado mixture. Season, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Chill, if desired.
Combine shrimp, Bertolli Classico Olive Oil, red pepper flakes, remaining lemon juice and paprika. Thread shrimp on skewers*. Grill, turning once, 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers.
Ladle soup into serving bowls and top with shrimp. Garnish, if desired, with additional fresh basil leaves.
*If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes prior to use.