Herring Salad with Potato and Apple
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 potatoes, peeled
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium apple, peeled, cored and sliced
- 5oz fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 12oz jar of picked herring
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 tsp dill, chopped and sprigs for garnish
Place potatoes in a medium pot of boiling water and cook for about 20 minutes until tender.
In a large bowl, toss together sliced apples, yogurt and dill. Cut the herrings into large chunks and add to apple mixture.
Remove potatoes from stove and drain water. Slice potatoes and toss into herring mix while warm. Garnish with sprigs of dill and serve.