Hidden Surprise Snowball Cookies
Serving Size / Yield
- 4 oz. sweetened coconut
- 3 oz. unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 C. sugar
- pinch of salt
- 5 Tbs. liquid egg whites
- 2 tsp. water
- large chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. (It's really important not to skip this step! I've found parchment to be better than Silpat for these cookies.)
2. Process coconuts with sugar and salt until sandy in a food processor. Add egg whites
and water and pulse until mixture is moist.
3. Take a teaspoon of mixture in your hand. Put chocolate on top.
Cover with another teaspoon of mixture and form into a ball.
Repeat until coconut mixture is used up.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes on parchment lined baking sheet.
Remove parchment and cookies from sheet and let cool.
Peel off cookies when completely cooled.
Submitted by: Melissa Iwai