Holiday Gift Jar Fruited Rice Pilaf
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 C. quick-cooking white or brown rice
- 1/2 C. thinly sliced Sun-Maid California Apricots
- 1/2 C. Sun-Maid Tart Cherries
- 1/4 C. toasted slivered almonds or pine nuts
Mix first 4 ingredients in bottom of a 28-32 ounce size glass jar. Pour rice over spice blend. Layer separately the apricots, cherries and nuts over rice. Pack fruit to fit in jar if needed. Close jar and decorate.
Bring 2 C. water to a boil. Add entire contents of rice mix. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Note: Instructions above are for 2 cups of quick-cooking rice. Adjust cooking time and amount of water according to rice package directions.