Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon
- 2 1/4 c of bread flour
- 1/2 c of sugar
- 1 1/4 c of raisins
- Flour for light dusting and butter for pan greasing
- 1 c of brown rice flour
- 1/2 c of warm water
- 3 tsp of dry yeast
- 1 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- 6 tbsp of unsalted butter
1. First, mix your rice flour, bread flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg into a bowl. Set aside.
2. In another bowl, take your active dry yeast and water. Let this sit until it's foamy. This should take no more than 6 minutes.
3. In a mixer, beat butter and sugar for no more than 90 seconds.
4. Now take your flour and mix this in until you get a dough like consistency.
5. Mix this on low and then add your raisins and walnuts while continuously mixing the dough for a total of 15 minutes.
6. Now take a bowl, add a little oil while putting the mixture in.
7. Use saran wrap to cover this and place in a room temperature area for 2 hours.
8. Take the butter and flour and put this in a loaf pan for non-sticking purposes.
9. Take your dough and quickly hit it in the center to get the air out and continue to knead for 2 and a half minutes.
10. Place this in the loaf pan and cover with plastic to let it rise. This should take no more than another two hours.
11. Now slide it into your oven that is preheated to 350 degrees for roughly half an hour.
12. Let this sit and cool for 15 minutes, and then remove to another rack.
13. Serve after an hour.