Homemade Tomatillo Salsa With Cilantro Recipe
Serving Size / Yield
- 1/2 lb. husked tomatillos
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 2 stemmed serrano chillies
- 2 medium beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/2 C. onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 C. packed cilantro sprigs
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Dried pasilla chile, seeded and stemmed
- Salt to taste
1) Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2) Place the tomatoes, tomatillos, pasilla, serranos, garlic and onion onto a large baking sheet. Roast in oven for 15-20 minutes, turning every five minutes until browned and softened.
3) After removing from oven, cut the tomato into quarters, adding it and the rest of the roasted vegetables into a food processor.
4) Once processed, add in lime juice and cilantro, and purée until smooth.
5) Season to taste with salt and severe with tortilla chips.