Serving Size / Yield
- 4 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place oil in pan or cast iron skillet and heat in oven while mixing other ingredients.
3. Place all dry ingredients in large bowl. Add milk until batter is as thick as pancake mix.
4. Stir until mixed.
5. Take pan/skillet out of oven and pour oil into batter.
6. Place mix into pan/skillet and return to oven.
7. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.