Hooters Fried Pickles
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. whole wheat flour
- 1 C. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 11 oz. jar hamburger dill pickle slices
- 2 C. buttermilk
- Preheat 8 cups of vegetable oil to 400 degrees in a large pot.
- Drain dill pickles and then place into a bowl with the 2 cups of buttermilk.
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Take a handful of the pickles out of the buttermilk and dredge in the seasoned flour.
- To get them crispy, let the dredged pickles chill in the fridge in a single layer on a cookie sheet covered in plastic wrap for 45 minutes.
- Shake off excess flour, and place battered pickles into hot grease.
- Fry pickle slices until golden brown.
Around The Web