Hot Dog Pillows
- 8 hot dogs, split down the middle, not all the way through
- 4 slices meltable cheese, cut in strips
- 2 1/2 C. leftover, cold, cheesy mashed potatoes
- 1/4 C. grated parmesan (optional)
- 4 Tbs. spicy mustard (optional)
Combine cold mashed potatoes with mustard and/or parmesan. With wet hands, add two slices cheese strip inside hot dog and then grab enough potato to cover the hot dog. It's a bit messy, but worth it! Place on parchment lined baking sheet which has been lightly coated with cooking spray. Spray hot dogs and place in fridge for about 10 minutes.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes. Using two spatulas, turn the hot dogs so that the other side can brown a bit. Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees and let cook another 8-10 minutes.
Cook's note: instead of mustard use ketchup for those who don't like the flavor of mustard. Also, when preparing your mashed potatoes, add a bit of shredded mozzarella for added flavor.