Iced Pumpkin Chex® Mix
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. Cinnamon Chex® cereal
- 2 C. Wheat Chex® cereal
- 2 C. Honey Nut Chex® cereal
- 1/4 C. butter
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/4 C. canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbs. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 C. pumpkin seeds
- Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 oz. premium white chocolate
- 1 oz. cream cheese, softened
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals and pumpkin seeds. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil. In small bowl, mix brown sugar, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice; set aside.
- In 2-cup microwaveable measure, microwave butter on High about 30 seconds or until melted. Add pumpkin mixture; microwave about 30 seconds, or until hot. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour pumpkin-butter mixture over cereal and seeds, stirring until evenly coated. Microwave uncovered on High 5 minutes or until mixture begins to brown, stirring every minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool.
- While mix is cooling, melt white chocolate in microwave on High 30 seconds; stir in softened cream cheese. Drizzle over top of mix; refrigerate 5 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
- For easy drizzling, spoon the glaze into a small food-storage bag. Snip off one tiny bottom corner and squeeze over the cereal mixture.
1 Serving: Calories 90 (Calories from Fat 30); Total Fat 3.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 95mg; Potassium 50mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1