Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. Irish banger sausage (approximately 5 pieces), cut into 4 pieces each
- 1/2 lb. thick sliced bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8-10 med. red potatoes, sliced
- 2 med. onions, sliced
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 C. Irish Red Style beer
Place a layer of the potatoes in the bottom of a large crock pot. Place a layer of sausage and bacon followed by a layer of onions. Repeat with all ingredients one more time. Place a final layer of potatoes on top. Pour in the cup of beer. Place cabbage on top and cover. Cook in crock pot for approximately 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Crock pot temperatures can vary.
This recipe can also be cooked in the over following the same layering technique in a Dutch oven or stock pot and simmering for about an hour.