Island Chicken with Fruit Salsa
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pineapple tidbits, drained with juice reserved
- 2 mangos - peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 green chile peppers, diced
- 1/3 C. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 C. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 C. fresh orange juice
- 1/4 C. dark rum
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
For Marinade/Salsa: Combine the pineapple, pineapple juice, mangos/papayas, peppers, cilantro, lime juice and pulp, orange juice, rum/tequila and garlic. Let stand for one hour before adding chicken. Reserve enough salsa (sans juice) for topping. Marinate the chicken breast halves in the marinade/salsa mixture for 2 to 6 hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bake chicken for 30 minutes (or, for best results, grill).
Yield: 8 Servings.