Italian Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size / Yield
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 4 oz Lasagna noodles (or other wide noodles)
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 C Cream style cottage cheese
- 1/4 C Grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 oz (1 1/2 C) Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 C Frozen Italian Sauce (thawed)*
In a skillet, cook chicken breastst; drain off excess fat. Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain in a 1 quart strainer. In a medium size bowl, combine egg, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and the cooked meat. I a 10 x 6 x 2 inch baking dish, layer, in order, half the noodles, half the meat, half the mozzarella, and half the Italian Sauce*. Repeat layers.
Place baking dish on a baking pan to catch any juices that may bubble over. Bake, uncovered, in 375 F oven for 50 minutes or until bubbly and golden Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.