Italian Prosciutto Asparagus Appetizer
- 1/2 sheet puff pastry (a thawed sheet of frozen dough can be used)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 oz. sliced prosciutto or thinly cut deli ham
- 1 Tbs. Italian herb seasoning blend (can use oregano, basil and garlic mix)
- 12 asparagus spears, trimmed and cooked
Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet. with parchment paper. Combine cream cheese, and herbs in a bowl. Place the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12x9-inch rectangle. Cut the pastry in half lengthwise. Spread about 1/2 cup of the cream cheese mixture down the center of each rectangle to within about 2 inches of the edges. Arrange the prosciutto or ham slices and asparagus over the cheese. Fold the sides of the pastry over filling and press gently to seal. Place seam-side down on the lined baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 5 minutes.