Italian Sausage Stew
25 min preparation
Serving Size / Yield
- 2-3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 lg. onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 C. mushrooms
- 2 C. yellow squash
- 2 C. zucchini squash
- 1-2 pkg. smoked sausage
- 2 cans diced or crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 can water
- 1 package of egg noodles, cooked
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat large, deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add 2-3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil.
- Sauté garlic and Italian seasoning on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Dice onion and bell pepper in large pieces and add to skillet. Stir to mix well.
- Slice mushrooms and add to skillet. Stir to mix well.
- Dice both yellow and zucchini squash in large pieces and add both to skillet. Stir to mix well.
- Cut sausage in half length-wise and then cut halves in half again length-wise. Cut each quarter length into 1/2-inch pieces. Add sausage to skillet. Stir to mix well.
- Open 2 cans of diced or crushed Italian tomatoes and pour into skillet. Add 1/2 can of water. Stir to mix well.
- Heat to boiling.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and add cooked egg noodles.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Around The Web