- 2-3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1-2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 lg. onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 C. mushrooms
- 2 C. yellow squash
- 2 C. zucchini squash
- 1-2 pkg. smoked sausage
- 2 cans diced or crushed Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 can water
- Parmesan cheese
1. Heat large, deep skillet on medium-high heat. Add 2-3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil.
2. Saute garlic and Italian seasoning on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Dice onion and bell pepper in large pieces and add to skillet. Stir to mix well.
4. Slice mushrooms and add to skillet. Stir to mix well.
5. Dice both yellow and zucchini squash in large pieces and add both to skillet. Stir to mix well.
6. Cut sausage in half length-wise and then cut halves in half again length-wise. Cut each quarter length into 1/2-inch pieces. Add sausage to skillet. Stir to mix well.
7. Open 2 cans of diced or crushed Italian tomatoes and pour into skillet. Add 1/2 can of water. Stir to mix well.
8. Heat to boiling.
9. Lower heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
10. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.