Italian Stuffed Peppers
- 1 clove garlic in olive oil
- 3 slices whole wheat bread, crumbled
- olive oil, just enough for sautéing
- 1 can pitted black olives
- 1/2 C. grated parmesan or mozzarella
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 18 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 4 medium bell peppers, any color
- 1 large carrot, grated
Saute the garlic in olive oil. Add the crumbled bread, a can of pitted black olives, and 1/2 C. grated cheese. Stir over medium heat for 10 minutes, adding water to moisten as necessary. Then, add and stir in the basil, parsley, and can of crushed tomatoes.
Slice the tops off the 4 peppers. Stuff them with the mixture and replace the tops. Place them in a baking pan with 1 inch of water mixed with 1 grated carrot. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting occasionally with the carrot mixture.