Jeweled Forbidden Rice
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 C. Lotus Foods Forbidden Rice
- 1/3 C. coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1/3 C. chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 C. fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 C. dried cranberries
- 1/4 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbs. minced shallots
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Prepare rice according to package directions. Transfer rice to a glass mixing bowl and allow to cool.
2. While rice is cooking, chop the apricots and pistachios. I poured a half cup of hot water over the cranberries to moisten and plump them up a bit.
3. Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, curry, and shallots.
4. Toss pistachios, apricots, cranberries, and pomegranate seeds with rice. Pour dressing over, and mix to blend. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Submitted by: Priscilla Willis