Johnny's Chunky Chicken Salad Stuffed Apples
- 4 C. skinless, boneless, chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2 C. celery, diagonally sliced
- 1 C. white onion, diced small
- 1/2 C. Hellman mayonnaise
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. fresh dill
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 large fresh red delicious apples, washed and patted dry
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- Raisins, garnish
- Pine nuts, garnish
In large bowl, toss chicken breast, celery and onions, Set aside. Mix the Hellman mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dill, salt and pepper. Fold mayonnaise mixture into chicken mixture. Chill at least one hour.
Slice top of approximately 1/3 of each apple. Brush sliced apple with lemon juice. Using a small scoop or grapefruit spoon remove inside of each apple leaving about 1/3 of each apple to firmly hold the salad. Brush inside of each apple with lemon juice. Slice just enough from bottom of the apple so the apple will stand firmly on serving plate. Equally stuff all apples with chicken salad. On pre-chilled plates, place stuffed apple on sliced bottom of apple. Top diagonally with top of apple. Serve immediately or chill 15 minutes and serve. Garnish with a few raisins and pinenuts.