Kamut® & Buckwheat Rigatoni with Tomato, Basil and Breadcrumbs
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 pkg. Eden Organic Kamut and Buckwheat Rigatoni
- 7 slices whole grain bread
- 4 Tbs. Eden Selected Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Eden Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 med. onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 can Eden Organic Whole Roma Tomatoes with Basil, reserve tomato juice and chop
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 C. fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
Cook pasta according to package directions, reserve 1/2 cup pasta water, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, cut the bread in 1/2" cubes or shred in a food processor. Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil on medium and add bread crumbs. Stir often, cook until the bread crumbs begin to lightly toast about 5 minutes. Add 2 cloves pressed garlic and lemon juice cook for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside. In a saucepan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cloves pressed garlic and onion cook two minutes. Add tomatoes, 1/2 cup reserved pasta water, tomato juice and red pepper flakes and heat to a boil. Place the pasta in a serving bowl, add the sauce and toss well. Add the bread crumbs and basil strips, toss again and serve.
Per Serving: 674 Calories, 20g Fat (25% calories from fat), 23g Protein, 108g Carbohydrate, 16g Fiber, 0mg Cholesterol, 878mg Sodium
This recipe provided was by Eden Foods. For more information about Eden Foods pasta, click here!