Keep On Rollin' Chicken Braciole
- 4 chicken breasts, butterflied and pounded
- Salt, pepper
- 1/4 C. breadcrumbs for stuffing
- 1 C. breadcrumbs for rolling
- 1/4 C. grated parmesean cheese
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella (or any cheese you prefer)
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 2 egg whites, beaten and seasoned with salt and pepper or egg beaters
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or any cream soup your prefer; if using cream of broccoli, add fresh, blanched broccoli or asparagus, etc.])
- 1 small can mushrooms or 1 pkg. fresh
- 1/2 can 1% milk
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Oil for sautéing chicken
After chicken has been pounded, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, parsley, mozzarella, pepper, onion powder and grated cheese. Roll and either tie with string or close with toothpicks (remember to count the toothpicks to make sure you get them all out before serving). Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper. Roll braciole in egg and then in breadcrumbs. Place on plate and let sit about 10 minutes before cooking.
Heat deep skillet with enough oil to coat bottom. When the oil ripples, add the meat braciole and cook until golden but not cooked through (about 5 minutes). Remove to plate and tent to keep warm.
In same skillet, add mushrooms and sauté about 3 minutes. Add soup and milk and simmer about 2 minutes. Add blanched vegetables if using and then add chicken. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes to cook meat through.
Remove meat to plate and remove string or toothpicks. Return to pan and spoon sauce over meat.
Serve over buttered noodles or mashed potatoes.