Korean-style Spicy Tofu
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 block firm tofu, sliced into ½ inch cubes
- 3 Tbs soy sauce mixed with 3 tbs water
- 2 tsp Korean chili flakes
- ½ Tbs toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped into a paste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 to 8 scallions, cut into 2-inch segments
- 1 Tbs toasted sesame seeds
Lay the sliced tofu out on paper towels and lightly sprinkle with salt. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes to draw out excess water. Blot with paper towel before frying.
Combine the soy, chili flakes, sesame oil, garlic and sugar in small bowl to make sauace
Fry the tofu slices in about 2 tbs oil in non-stick pan, cooking for 3 minutes on each side. Add scallions and fry for another minute. Add sauce and bring pan to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
Simmer until nearly all the liquid evaporates, flipping the tofu slices at least once. Mix in sesame seeds, then remove tofu and sauce to a serving platter.