Ladamsel's Chicken and Rice Casserole
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 C. long grain uncooked white rice
- 2 C. water
- 2 lbs. chicken, skinless and cut up
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cube butter or margarine at room temperature
- Parmesan cheese
In a 9" X 13" roasting pan evenly spread the rice on the bottom. Pour cold water over the rice. Place the chicken over the rice in a single layer.
In a bowl or mixer put the cream of mushroom, celery, chicken soups and butter cube and beat till combined. The butter will be pea size. Pour over the chicken. Sprinkle heaviliy with the cheese...this will create a nice crust.
Bake UNCOVERED at 350 degrees for one to one and one half hours. Test the rice. When the rice is done the chicken is done. The rice comes out like a rice pilaf. Always a hit.