Lasagna Toss with Spinach and Ricotta
- 1 16-oz. pkg. lasagna noodles
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 med. onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with press
- 1 28-oz. can plum tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 C. loosely packed fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 C. part-skim ricotta cheese
In large saucepot, cook lasagna noodles as directed, increasing cooking time to 12 to 14 minutes. Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
Stir in tomatoes with their juice, salt and pepper, breaking up tomatoes with side of spoon; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, uncovered, until spinach is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in basil.
Drain noodles; return to saucepot. Add tomato mixture and Parmesan; toss well. Spoon into 4 bowls; top with dollops of ricotta cheese.