Last-Minute Cheese Stuffed Bread With Olives
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 small sourdough loaves (approximately 3-4 inches in diameter)
- 1 12 oz. bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 C. milk (or heavy cream) plus 1/2 C. milk
- 1/3 C. condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 4 oz. can black olives
- 1 4 oz. can green olives
- 4 oz. kalamata olives
- 5 scallions, finely sliced
Cut the tops off of the bread and hollow out the inside. Place into a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until the bread has hardened. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
In a small saucepan, melt the milk and condensed soup together. When it begins to bubble, add the shredded cheese. Slowly add in the shredded cheese. Once it begins to congeal, add the remaining milk. Slowly add in the remaining cheese. Once the mixture has become a very thick sauce, add in the olives. Season with salt and pepper and pour the mix into the bread bowls.
Top with a few remaining olives and the sliced scallions.