Layered Antipasto Salad
- 1 (12 oz.) jar whole mild banana peppers, drained
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 oz.) can pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1 pt. Italian-style tomatoes, quartered
- 1 (8 oz.) bottle commercial zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 C. torn romaine lettuce
- 1 (3.5 oz.) pkg. sliced pepperoni
- 1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and halved 1 (12 oz.)
- 1 pkg. mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 1 C. sliced fresh mushrooms
Reserve 2 banana peppers. Slice remaining peppers in half, and remove stems. Layer cucumber, olives, tomatoes and peppers in a 3-qt.bowl; pour 1/4 C. dressing over layers. Top with lettuce, half of pepperoni, artichoke hearts, half of cheese strips, mushrooms, remaining pepperoni, and cheese strips. Pour remaining dressing over salad; chill. Garnish with remaining peppers.
Yield: 10 servings.