Layered Spinach and Mushroom Lasagna
Serving Size / Yield
- 12 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs
- 1 15-oz. container ricotta cheese
- 1-2 pkgs. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 pkgs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 24-oz. jars pasta sauce
- 1 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 8-10 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 C. basil, finely chopped
Begin by cook whole wheat noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Stir while cooking to prevent sticking. Drain noodles, lay flat and set aside. In a small or medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese with 2 eggs. Mix until soft and well blended and set aside.
Spread some of your pasta sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish. Lay three of your noodles lengthwise across the sauce. Layer with: ricotta cheese mixture, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, mushrooms, spinach, basil, pasta sauce. Add three more noodles across the top and repeat the layering order two more times. End with three noodles on top. Add some more pasta sauce followed by mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 45 minutes in a 350-degree oven. Remove when golden brown.