Lemon and Garlic Brussels Sprouts
Serving Size / Yield
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 4 Tbs olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest
- 3 Tbs. Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
1. Rinse and Drain the Brussels sprouts. Take rinsed Brussels sprouts and trim off the ends and peel the outer layers. Cut each one in half. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3. Once heated, add the halved Brussels sprouts to the pan and saute for about 7-8 minutes on each side until the outer part is a caramelized and the inside is still tender.
4. Add the garlic half way through the cooking.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add the lemon zest, juice, salt and pepper.
6. Add additional seasoning if needed. Top Brussels sprouts with cheese and serve.