Lemon Breakfast Parfaits
- 3/4 C. fat-free milk
- Dash salt
- 1/3 C. couscous
- 1/2 C. lemon low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 C. reduced-calorie dairy sour cream
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 1/4 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 C. assorted fruit, such as sliced strawberries, kiwi fruit, nectarine, or star fruit; and/or blueberries or raspberries
- Chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional)
In a medium saucepan, bring the milk and salt to boiling and stir in the couscous. Simmer, covered, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork until fluffy. Cool. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, sour cream, honey, and lemon peel; stir into the couscous. In another bowl combine desired fruit. To serve, divide half of the fruit mixture among 6 parfait glasses. Spoon couscous mixture over fruit; top with remaining fruit. If desired, garnish with chopped crystallized ginger and mint.
Tip: Prepare couscous mixture, cover and chill up to 4 hours. Prepare fruit, cover and chill up to 4 hours.
Yield: 6 servings