Lemon Chicken and Rice
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can chicken broth
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
- 1 1/2 C. uncooked instant rice
- 1 C. frozen peas
In a skillet, cook the first 4 ingredients in butter for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. In a bowl combine cornstarch, broth, lemon juice and salt if desired until smooth. Add to skillet and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add rice and peas. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
Yield: 6 Servings.