Serving Size / Yield
- 2⅔ Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¾ Cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1⅔ Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Grated Lemon Zest
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Milk
- Vanilla Icing
Preheat oven to 350̊ F.
Grease and flour a 24 cupcake pan or use paper cups.
Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Whisk together and set aside.
Cream the butter and sugar using an electric mixer, until light and fluffy for about 5 to 6 minutes.
Add the zest and blend.
Now, add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add and blend in the vanilla.
Alternately add the flour mixture and the flour to the mix.
Fill each muffin cup with about 2/3 full with batter.
Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes or until finished.
Cooling muffins for 20 minutes.
Drizzle vanilla icing on top.