Lemon Pasta with Shrimp
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 3 lemons
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/8 C. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med. zucchini, finely grated
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/8 C. white wine
- 1 pinch kosher salt, to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 3 Tbs. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Cook spaghetti to al dente and remove. Toss pasta with 1 Tbs. of butter; set aside. Keep 1 C. of pasta water.
Peel rind off of 1 to 2 lemons. Sauté rinds in 1/8 C. olive oil for 15 to 20 minutes on low heat. Leave approximately 2 Tbs. of oil in the pan. And discard the rest.
Take the juice from the two peeled lemons and set aside in a container. Zest the rind of the third lemon and set aside.
In the pan with the lemon olive oil, add in the sliced garlic and crushed red pepper. Turn the heat to medium and cook 1 minute. Add shrimp, zucchini, salt and pepper. Sauté until shrimp is pink.
Add in lemon zest and wine. Continue to cook and toss in spaghetti. Keep stirring the spaghetti and add a little of the pasta water if it needs more moisture, or if the pasta is sticking.
Remove from heat and top with parsley, pepper and fresh grated cheese. Serve.