Linguine and Spinach Pesto
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 lb. Linguine (or your favorite pasta shape), uncooked*
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen spinach, thawed, well drained
- 2 Tbs.. vegetable oil
- 1/4 C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbs. chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 Tbs. margarine (or butter)
- 1/3 C. water
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
In a blender (or food processor), combine spinach, oil, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and basil. Mix at medium speed until finely chopped. Melt margarine in water. With blender or processor running, gradually pour in melted margarine mixture until blended. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. Toss pesto with pasta. Sprinkle feta on top and serve.
*Whole-grain, multi-grain or whole-wheat pasta varieties may be substituted.
Per serving: 325 calories, 11g total fat, 3 g saturated fat, 45 g carbohydrate, 12 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber, 420 mg sodium