Little Lucky Whoopie Pies
Serving Size / Yield
- 1 box butter chocolate cake mix
- 1 C. water
- 1/3 C. vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C. vegetable shortening
- 1/4 C. butter
- 2 Tbs. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pure mint extract
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 1 Tbs. milk
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 C. Lucky Charms® cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, and eggs on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, drop heaping tablespoons of cake batter two inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean in the center of a cake.
- Allow cakes to cool on parchment for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- In medium bowl, beat shortening and butter with electric mixer on high speed 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and add granulated sugar, mint extract, food color and milk.
- Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until smooth.
- Spread a small spoonful of mint frosting between two cakes and decorate the edges with Lucky Charms® marshmallows.
Recipe courtesy of Pillsbury
Around The Web