Lo Mein with Tofu, Snow Peas and Carrots
- 2 3-oz. pkgs Oriental-flavor ramen noodle soup mix
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 14-oz. pkg. extra firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 C. snow peas, strings removed and each cut diagonally in half
- 3 green onions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 C. shredded carrots
- 1/2 C. bottled stir-fry sauce
- 1 C. fresh bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
Cook ramen noodles (reserve flavor packets) in 4-quart saucepan for 2 minutes. Drain noodles, reserving 1/4 cup noodle water.
Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until very hot. Add tofu and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Add snow peas and green onions; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the carrots, stir-fry sauce and contents of 1 flavor packet to taste and cook until carrots are tender, about 2 minutes. Discard remaining flavor packet or reserve for another use.
Reserve some bean sprouts for garnish. Add noodles, reserved noodle water and remaining bean sprouts to skillet; cook, stirring, 1 minute to blend flavors. Sprinkle with reserve bean sprouts to serve.