Louise's Italian Cafe Grilled Chicken Calzones
- 1 10 oz. pkg. refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 C. prepared pesto
- 6 Tbs. ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (scant 1/2 C.)
- 1 oz. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp. grated Parmesan/Romano mixture
- 2 1/2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil Parsley sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unroll pizza dough and place on greased baking sheet. Layer pesto, cheeses, sun-dried tomatoes and chicken breast pieces in middle of dough. Lift one edge of dough and stretch over the filling to form a half-moon. Seal edges by pressing with tines of fork or pizza wheel, and make a fluted edge around the seal.
Prick top with fork to allow steam to escape. Brush with olive oil. Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with parsley.
Yield: 2-3 servings